Thursday, June 21, 2012

Student Access to UM Reports

Do you have students workers who need to access UM Reports?  Please see this communication from central:

*RRC managers and cluster directors,*

We have good news for departments with student employees who work with

financial reports. Student employees may now request access to the

financial reports in UM Reports under their own Internet ID. There is no

longer a need to have a separate, departmentally sponsored Internet ID

in order to allow a student worker to log in to UM Reports so they may

run, view, or print financial reports.

*How do I get my student workers switched over to their own ID for UM


To have your student employee's UM Reports access moved to their own

Internet ID, contact the University Financial Helpline 612-624-1617

<tel:612-624-1617> or <>. This will

not require any additional paperwork. Once their access has been moved,

OIT Provisioning & Requests (formerly known as OIT Data Security) will

notify them via email.

*How do I get new student workers access to financial UM Reports?*

For new student employees in departments: complete an EFS access request Be sure to select the

"inquiry access" box on the first page of the form. If you only want the

student employee to access UM Reports and not access the rest of the

tools noted below, clearly write in the statement of business need box

"UM Reports only". Otherwise selecting that box on the request will get

the student worker access under their own Internet ID to the following:

 * Data Warehouse (DWFS and DWEF)

 * EFS reporting instance with Query Manager

 * WebNow view access

 * Access to the nVision tool

 * UM Reports financial reports


Sharing of IDs, passwords, or access to the University's financial

systems is a violation of policy and good business practices. Each

individual should be accessing the University's systems and data using

their own ID.